Election Commission

17763 S. Muskogee Ave Tahlequah, OK 74464

Frequently Asked Questions

Common Questions and Answers

How do I get an absentee ballot request form?

You can get an absentee ballot request form from the Cherokee Nation Election Commission Office, our website, or contact the Election Commission Office and our staff can mail, email, or fax a form to you.

Will I receive a Precinct Voter ID Card?

Voters registered in the jurisdictional boundaries will receive a Precinct Voter ID Card to inform the voter where they will go to vote. At Large voters will not receive a Precinct Voter ID Card because they do not have a precinct in which to vote.

I do not live within the Cherokee Nation jurisdiction, can I still vote?

Yes. If you have a Cherokee Nation citizenship card (blue card), you are eligible to vote as long as you have registered to vote with the Cherokee Nation Election Commission. Voters who live outside the jurisdictional boundaries are known as At Large Voters.

I have a felony on my record, can I still vote?

Yes, there is no law prohibiting you from voting in the Cherokee Nation Elections.

What do I do if I only have a rural route or P.O. Box address?

If your physical address is a rural route or you only have a P.O. Box, you will need to provide driving directions to your home in order to place you in the correct district.